Memorial United Methodist Church's History

Established in 1822, Memorial United Methodist Church along with our sister church, Trinity United Methodist Church, are the oldest Methodist Churches in the Florida Conference. The original building for Memorial on Amelia Island was located on the corner of 6th and Broome Street. Just four years after Memorial’s 100th Anniversary on Amelia Island, construction on the current location, at the corner of 6th and Centre Street began.  Over 90 years later, MUMC still growing and remains one of the crowing buildings on Historic Centre Street.

Since 1822, Memorial has had 74 senior pastors. The current Pastor is Rev. Mark Charles. Memorial United Methodist Church is registered as a historical location with the State of Florida.